Join Our Association!
Clike HERE to view our new membership sign.
Your $40 annual membership helps fund our on-going programs including:
- Keeping our hazardous shoals marked - save a lower unit or prop, well worth the $40 annual membership!!!
- Keeping our lake clean - for now and for the future
- Work with and supporting local upstream farmers to help with animal waste diversion
- Protection of fish populations
- Promotion of safe boating
- Monitoring water quality
- Protecting water quality
- Monitoring lake water level
- Provisions of a group insurance plan (home, auto, boat, etc.) with Roger Kelsey Insurance Brokers for all members as long as membership status is current - 10% off car insurance and 15% off home/cottage insurance with proof of CLA membership
- Communication with elected bodies at all levels of government
- Sponsoring social events and holding an Annual General Meeting to keep members informed of events around the lake
- Promoting a healthy shoreline and neighbourhood watch
- Conducting summer Youth Camps and Swimming Lesson programs for members and lake community at large
Looking to the future
Our major objective is to develop and implement a lake management plan to identify and protect natural, physical and social values that contribute to the "quality of life" on Charleston Lake. This plan has been included in the Official Plan for our Townships. The purpose of the lake plan is to recognize and protect the unique character of Charleston Lake and to ensure its long-term health and character for present and future generations.